Best Time RV Summer Early Bird 2020
Motorhome Fleet overview for rentals starting between 01.04.2020 and 31.10.2020
- 10 Million EUR Supplemental Liability Insurance
- CDW/ VIP Liability Limitation with USD 1.500 deductible per case
- Reimbursement of the deductible
- Transfer to the Airport after drop-off
- Local taxes on prepaid / included features and options
- additional driver(s)
Included in the Standard-PLUS package:
- Preparation Fee
- Camping Equipment
Included in the Standard-Extra-PLUS package:
- Unlimited Miles
- Double Bed in Roof-Tent: approx. 2,48 x 1,40 m
- Length: approx. 4,83 m
- Width: approx 2,13 m
- Exterior Height: approx. 2,59 m
- Interior Height: approx. 0,00 m
Driver Cab:, Air Conditioning, Radio/USB/Bluetooth, 4 Seats with safety belt (2 childseat with safety belt possible), Living Area:, Stove, Sink, Cooling box, ladder, LED-Lights, AwningTank sizes:
- Fuel Tank: 80 Liters
- Fresh Water Tank: 37 Liters
- Double Bed: approx. 1,84-2,03 x 1,10-1,88 m (depends on model)
- Length: approx. 5,94 - 6,40 m
- Width: approx 2,10 m
- Exterior Height: approx. 2,87 m
- Interior Height: approx. 1,86 m
Driver Cab:, Air Conditioning, Radio/USB/Bluetooth, GPS (permanently installed, only in English), Walk through between Driver Cab and Living Area, Living Area:, Air Conditioning (110V), Heat, Stove, Microwave (110V), Sink, Refrigerator with Freezer, Shower / Toilette, TV/DVD/Roadio/CD (Camping toiliet in some models), Awning, Note:, Please note that one of 7 types of models can be assigned to a rental agreement when this category is booked. A specific model cannot be requested and Best Time RV does not guarantee a specific model.Tank sizes:
- Fuel Tank: 90 Liters
- Fresh Water Tank: 67-140 Liters
- Grey Water Tank: 86-110 Liters
- Black Water Tank: 17-41 Liters
- Propane Tank: 22-30 Liters
- Cabover Bed: approx. 2,41 x 1,44 m
- Double Bed: approx. 2,03 x 1,37 m
- Dinette: approx. 1,87 x 1,14 m
- Length: approx. 7,26 m
- Width: approx 2,57 m
- Exterior Height: approx. 3,35 m
- Interior Height: approx. 2,08 m
Driver Cab:, Air Conditioning, Radio/CD/USB, Walk through between Driver Cab and Living Area, Living Area:, 2 seats with safety belt, 1 child safety seat is possible, Air Conditioning (110V), Heat, Stove, Oven, Microwave (110V), Sink, Refrigerator with Freezer, Water Heater, Shower / Toilette, TV/DVD, AwningTank sizes:
- Fuel Tank: 208 Liters
- Fresh Water Tank: 151 Liters
- Grey Water Tank: 90 Liters
- Black Water Tank: 80 Liters
- Propane Tank: 68 Liters
- Double Bed: approx. 1,88 x 1,37 m
- 2 Bunk Beds: approx. 1,83 x 0,74 m
- Length: approx. 11,00 m
- Width: approx 2,13 m
- Exterior Height: approx. 2,99 m
- Interior Height: approx. 1,95 m
Driver Cab:, Air Conditioning, Radio, No Walk through between Driver Cab and Living Area, 4 seats with safty belt, 2 child seats possible, Living Area:, Air Conditioning (110V), Heasting, 2-Flame Stove, Microwave (110V), Sink, Refrigerator, Shower/Toilette, 19" TV7CD/DVD/USB/Bluetooth, AwningTank sizes:
- Fuel Tank: approx. 85 Liters
- Fresh Water Tank: approx. 117 Liters
- Grey Water Tank: approx. 76 Liters
- Black Water Tank: approx. 76 Liters
- Propane Tank: approx. 18 Liters
The Best Time RV Advantage
Lots of Specials to
- 10% Extended Booking Special
on the base rate for rentals lasting 42 days or longer.
- 5% Extended Booking Special
on the base rate for rentals lasting 21 days or longer.
Choosing the right motorhome size is the most important part of a motorhome vacation! Remember that everyone needs their space. Packing the maximum number of people into a motorhome may spoil your dream vacation. We always recommend choosing a motorhome that sleeps more people than you are traveling with!
Best Time RV Rental Locations
|Las Vegas||Nevada||6590 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, 89122
|Los Angeles||California||12392 Beach Boulevard, Stanton, 90680
|Phoenix||Arizona||1426 W. Broadway Road, Mesa, 85202
(480) 372 59 5
|Point Roberts / Vancouver||Washington||79 Tyee Drive, Point Roberts, 98281
|San Francisco||California||847 Industrial Parkway West, Hayward, 94544
Packages of Best Time RV
|10 Million EUR Supplemental Liability Insurance|
|CDW/ VIP Liability Limitation with USD 1.500 deductible per case|
|Reimbursement of the deductible *|
|Transfer to the Airport after drop-off **|
|Local taxes on prepaid / included features and options|
- * The deductible of USD 1,500 that must be paid at the rental location in case of a claim will be reimbursed by HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG upon your return home. Detailed information pertaining to this can be found in the rental terms and conditions - Insurance Coverage.
- ** Best Time RV will provide a transfer to the local airport if vehicle drop off takes place by 10:00 AM
Best Time RV Specials
Best Time RV One-Way Fee price list
Price in US-$
Rental period: 01.04.2020 to 31.03.2021
IMPORTANT for bookings with flex-rates: Any changes to the booking will result in the cancellation of the existing booking and a placement of a new booking with current prices. The following changes will require a new booking:
- Date change of the pick-up or drop-off day
- Change of the pick-up or drop-off location
- Change of the vehicle type
- Name change
TRANSLATION OF THE TOUR OPERATORS CANCELLATION FEES:
Cancellation Fees are determined by the number of days prior to vehicle pick up that a cancellation is made.
30+ days before pick-up: 25%
29–22 days before pick-up: 30%
21–15 days before pick-up: 40%
14–10 days before pick-up: 60%
9-4 days before pick-up: 80%
3-0 days before pick-up: 85%
Cancellation after the pick-up date will be considered a "no-show" and be subject to a 100% cancellation fee
- Fuel or LP/Propane Gas
- Cost for additional mileage
- Preparation fee, Camping Equipment fee (both are included in the Standard Extra PLUS and Super Inclusive PLUS packets)
- Taxes and fees for all additional features not pre-booked.
There are no free miles included with the Standard-PLUS-Package and Standard-Extra-PLUS-Package.
Additional mile-packages with 500 miles each can be booked in advance.
This option is only possible with advance bookings and cannot be purchased at the rental location!
A refund for unused miles booked in advance is not possible.
Miles driven which have not been booked in advance will have to be paid at the rental location at USD 0.43,- per mile.
- Las Vegas: 8,25%
- San Francisco: 9,75%
- Los Angeles 10%
- Vancouver/Seattle 14,40%
However, the liability coverage for all registered drivers only provides the minimum coverage as set by law for each State (Statutory Limit).
An additional liability Insurance with a coverage of up to EUR 10 million is also included in the price, covering claim amounts that exceed the statutory limit amount. This eliminates the need to purchase additional insurance on location.
A VIP insurance is already included in the price for all vehicles. This insurance limits the deductible via FTI for the renter to USD 1.500,- per claim. Covered scenarios include damages through i.a.: theft, vandalism, damage to the roof or undercarriage, as well as damage resulting from driving in reverse.
The following scenarios / damages are NOT covered:
- Damages resulting in reckless driving, driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, and/or medication, violating the rental agreement, driving in unauthorized areas / streets.
- damages caused by unauthorized drivers of the motorhome
- damages resulting from using the wrong fuel type, incorrect operation of the clutch / transmission and/or handbrake.
- damages due to negligent driving, including not paying attention to vehicle dimensions, overloading the vehicle (weight), ignoring warning lamps/indicators, or negligence in check/maintaining proper operating levels (Oil and/or water levels, tire pressure, etc)
- damages to the awning
The deductible will be due to the rental company regardless of who is at fault for damages. The deductible applies to each individual claim.
In case of an accident and/or damages these steps must be followed:
- Immediate notification of the police and the creation of a police report if any third party is involved, or vandalism occurred
- Immediate notification of the rental company
-Creation of a signed damage report by the rental company upon return of the vehicle
-Request of a final bill of the claims settlement (which might not be created until after your departure)
To receive reimbursement of your deductible, please send the following documents in their entirety to this address:
HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung. Abt. RLK/Leistung
or by e-mail: email@example.com
The documents have to be sent in their entirety, otherwise processing is not possible.
- Damage- and police report
- Copy of the rental agreement
- Proof of payment of the security deposit (payment receipt or credit card print-out showing the charge)
- Final bill of the claims settlement
- FTI reservation number and booking confirmation
Under the following circumstances the reimbursement of the deductible is not possible:
- Damages caused due to disregard of the rental terms & conditions
- Damages caused due to improper handling of the rental vehicle
- Damages caused due to gross negligence or being under the influence of-, or loss of consciousness due to alcohol/medications/drugs
- If the vehicle key is lost or damaged
- Damages to the vehicle interior
- Damages to the awning
- Damages to kitchen appliances, multi-purpose devices (audio-, video-, telecommunication devices including accessories)
- Damages to special add-ons such as tent accessories.
- Damages to the Navigation system and/or similar traffic guidance systems
- Personal belongings which have been damaged due to an accident-, were stolen from the rental vehicle-, or have gotten lost from the rental vehicle
- Follow-up costs such as for hotel stays, telephone, or towing
- Damages which have been excluded from the vehicle insurance by the rental company
If you choose to use the awning, an additional security deposit of USD 1.000,- will be charged to the renter's credit card.
Please note that the security deposit will be CHARGED to your credit card! The unused security deposit will be refunded to the card. Please note that any fluctuations in exchange rates will be the responsibility of the renter.
Please insure that you credit card has a sufficient limit to allow for the security deposit. No rental will be issued without a credit card deposit.
The security deposit/deductible will apply for each individual claim. In case of a claim during the rental, an additional security deposit will be charged to the credit card on file to cover any potential further claim.
The insurances offered by the rental company do not include any carefree personal protection for bodily injuries and luggage; therefore it is strongly recommended that you purchase a travel accident, travel health, and baggage insurance.
- to participate in a sporting event or in vehicle tests.
- the transportation of easily flammable substances, poisons, or other dangerous materials.
- the purposes of a crime
- to sub-rent to another person/entity or to use for the commercial transportation of persons or things.
The vehicle is to be operated in its intended purpose and to be treated as such. The vehicle must be locked when not occupied. The general rules of operation as set out in the vehicle manual are to be adhered to at all times. The vehicle must be monitored by the renter during the rental for proper operational condition. Special attention should be paid to oil and water levels, as well as tire pressure. It is the renters responsibility to regularly check that the vehicle is road safe.
The preparation fee is included in the Standard-Extra-PLUS and Super-Inclusive-PLUS packages.
The preparation fee includes:
- Transfer back to the airport on drop off day, see Early Pick-Up section for details.
- First fill of fresh water and water hose
- first fill of toilet chemicals
- flashlight with batteries, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, balancing wedges, etc.
The camping equipment per vehicle includes:
1 set of cooking pots, frying pan, cutting board, bottle opener, cork screw, 2 dish towels, broom & dust pan, trash can, clothes hangers, dish rag, salad fork, cookie sheet, serving spoon, paper roll, toaster, drainer, cooking knife, cooking bowl, BBQ grill, coffee maker.
The personal camping equipment per person includes:
Bedspread, pillow, pillow cover, bedsheets, small and large towel, wash cloth, plate, serving board, cereal bowl, coffee cup, glass, and silverware.
Camping chair: USD 9 per rental
Camping Table: USD 15 per rental
Child Safety Seats/Booster seats: USD 39 per rental (please register car seats at time of booking)
Navigation System: USD 10 per day, up to a maximum of USD 100 per rental
- Driving on gravel-, unpaved-, forest-, and non-public roads is not allowed.
- Driving through Manhattan(New York City), Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City (Canada).
- Driving to Mexico
- Driving into/through Death Valley from 15. June until 15. September
Ignoring the above driving restrictions will result in a loss of insurance coverage.
Driving to Alaska, as well as the Northern regions of Canada (Northwest Territories, and Yukon), are permitted for an additional fee of USD 450 plus sales tax. This is only permitted when indicated at the time of booking. Please note that gravel-, unpaved-, forest-, and non-public roads are still NOT permitted.
Notice for the location Vancouver/Seattle:
The rental location is located in Point Roberts, Washington State/USA and should only be booked with flights to/from Vancouver! No transfer is provided to/from Seattle or the Seattle airport. The rental location is located approximately 30 minutes driving distance from the airport in Vancouver/Canada and approximately 8 miles/12.8 km from the Port in Tsawwassen/British Columbia/Canada (BC Ferries). Border crossing from Canada to the USA takes place when travelling from the airport in Vancouver to the rental location. All necessary documents have to be provided for entry into the USA. This process may take up to 30 minutes, depending on season. IMPORTANT: All entry requirements for the USA have to be met when crossing the Canada/USA border. The rental location Vancouver/Seattle may also be used for one-way rentals from Las Vegas, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. For one-way rentals to/from this location: Entering Canada from the USA and then return again to the USA!
Saturdays: 09:00 - 12:00
The Station Point Roberts (Vancouver/Seattle) is open on saturdays from 15.05. bis 15.10. until 15.00.
Holiday closings: 25.05., 04.07., 07.09., 26.11., 25.12.20, 01.01.21.
For Early Pick-Up (payable with an additional fee, advanced booking necessary), vehicle pick-up is Monday to Friday between 8:30 and 10:00.
The general rule is that you have to spend the first night in the USA/Canada in a hotel, because the pick-up of your rental vehicle on your arrival day is not allowed, due to insurance policies.
The time of pick-up has to be arranged by phone with the rental company no later than 5 days before vehicle pick-up.
Please see notice for pick-up locations. If the rental vehicle is not returned at the contracted time, Best Time RV will charge a late fee of USD 30 per hour and the transfer to the airport will be void without reimbursement. There will be no refunds given for early returns of the vehicle. The vehicle has to be returned with a clean exterior and interior, the fuel and propane tanks have to be filled, and waste water tanks have to be emptied, otherwise a fee will be charged. In case the vehicle is damaged at the time of return, the rental company will charge the renter additional fees accordingly.
The rental pick-up takes place Monday through Saturday between 9:00 until 11:00. The transfer time (between 07:30 – 09:30) has to be arranged by telephone with the rental company no later than 3 business days before vehicle pick-up.
The transfer buses will arrive at the hotel at 07:30. The pick-up is only offered at one of the listed hotels below, and only if the rental company was informed of the hotel at least 3 business days before the start of the rental (otherwise there will be no entitlement towards the transfer or any associated refund for transfer costs on your own). You will have to be waiting at the main entrance at 07:30 (not in the lobby, room, etc.).
Should you be staying in a hotel other than the ones listed below, but you would still like to pick-up your vehicle in the morning, you can arrange on your own to be at the transfer hotel by 07:00 (the rental company will have to be informed of this in advance).
Vagabond Inn Executive SFO Airport Bayfront, Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South, Holiday Inn San Francisco International Airport, Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, San Francisco Airport Marriott
Excalibur Hotel-Casino, Luxor Hotel-Casino, Mandalay Bay Hotel-Casino, MGM Grand Hotel
Hilton Los Angeles Airport, Los Angeles Airport Marriott, Crowne Plaza Hotel Los Angeles Int’l Airport, Holiday Inn Los Angeles Int’l Airport;
Phoenix: Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport North, Phoenix Airport Marriott,
Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Airport, Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport
Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport, Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport, Sandman Signature Hotel Vancouver Airport, Accent Inns Richmond Vancouver Airport, Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
Generally all vehicles are no more than 2 years old.
Besides contacting the rental company, the renter is also responsible to notify the police immediately in case of an accident. No third party claims may be recognized. The police report will have to indicate the names and addresses of all parties involved including any possible witnesses, and the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved. The renter has to present a detailed written report including an outlined sketch to Best Time RV even if the damage is only minimal.
IMPORTANT: If the renter omits the immediate notification (within 24 hours), and the rental company does not have the opportunity to take any remedial action, the right to possible reimbursement will terminate. If accidents are not reported (see above), the VIP insurance coverage will expire.
Small repairs and necessary expenditures up to USD 50 can be done without the rental company's permission and will be reimbursed once the vehicle is returned. Repairs and expenditures above USD 50, will have to be approved in advance by the rental company (otherwise no reimbursement is possible). All repairs are generally refundable only against receipts - the ground rule is: without a receipt, no refund!
Should the rental vehicle become inoperative for more than 12 hours, due to a breakdown and the subsequent necessary repairs, - through no fault of the renter (mechanical breakdown*, no accident), - Best Time RV will reimburse costs of up to USD 30 per person and day for lodging and transportation, up to a maximum of USD 3.000.
*Mechanical breakdown - damages that will not be eligible for reimbursement by Best Time RV are: Problems with the Radio/CD, TV, DVD-PLayer, microwave, A/C, fridge, all appliances such as stove, grill, etc., generator, awning, automated stairs, cruise control, and GPS.