The price calculation is determined by the applicable flex-rate for your pick-up date at the time of booking. The effective price on your pick-up date is decisive for the first 35 days of your rental period. For longer rentals, all days will be calculated according to the applicable flex-rate of the 36th day. The pick-up and drop-off day are calculated as one day (i.g. only the rental nights are counted just like with hotel bookings). Which flex-rate will be applicable for your desired vehicle model can be determined by means of a computation for your planned rental duration. The flex-rate depends on supply and demand and is re-calculated and updated weekly by the rental company.
IMPORTANT for bookings with flex-rates: Any changes to the booking will result in the cancellation of the existing booking and a placement of a new booking with current prices. The following changes will require a new booking:
- Date change of the pick-up or drop-off day
- Change of the pick-up or drop-off location
- Change of the vehicle type
- Name change
Cancelling a confirmed motorhome reservation results in a cancellation fee. All motorhome bookings are subject to the cancellation fees outlined in the terms and conditions found here: GTC
TRANSLATION OF THE TOUR OPERATORS CANCELLATION FEES:
Cancellation Fees are determined by the number of days prior to vehicle pick up that a cancellation is made.
30+ days before pick-up: 25%
29–22 days before pick-up: 30%
21–15 days before pick-up: 45%
14–10 days before pick-up: 60%
9-4 days before pick-up: 80%
3-0 days before pick-up: 85%
Cancellation after the pick-up date will be considered a "no-show" and be subject to a 100% cancellation fee
Not Included in the Price
- Diesel- or gasoline fuel, propane gas
- One-way fees (except Oneway-Specials)
- New Jersey Security Fee of USD 5,- per day (maximum of USD 140) for vehicle pick-up in New York
- Colorado Road Safety Fee of USD 2 per day (maximum of USD 90) for vehicle pick-up in Denver
- Taxes and fees for all charges paid at the rental location
The Standard Plus packet includes 100 free miles a day.
If you do not book a mileage package or go over the prepaid number of miles, the rental company will bill you at a rate of (currently) USD 0.45 per mile plus tax.
This fee is already included for up to 4 people.
For all amounts which will have to be paid in USD at the rental counter, the following sales taxes will apply: Denver 4,75% - Las Vegas 8,25% - Los Angeles 9,25% - New York 6,625% - Seattle 10-18,00% - Orlando 6,50% - San Francisco 10,00%. Local taxes and fees are subject to change.
The obligatory liability insurance is included in the daily rental price. The vehicles and Britz are covered for up to USD 1 million in case of accidents and therefore arising bodily injuries and/or personal property claims for third party damages (without deductible). The driver registered in the rental agreement, will only be covered by the liability insurance for up to the minimum required coverage amount by law for each U.S. state (Statutory Limit).
In order to raise the insurance coverage above the the minimum coverage required by law, an additional German supplemental liability insurance is included with coverage up to EUR 10 million. Therefore, the purchase of any additional insurance at the rental location is unnecessary.
To cover damages incurred to the rental vehicle, a CDW/VIP-insurance is included in the prices by the rental company which limits the deductible to USD 1.000,- for the renter in the event of the following damages: Accidents (also if the other party is under- or non insured), theft, fire, vandalism, glas, tire damage.
Damages not covered:
Excluded from any insurance coverage:
- damages caused due to gross negligence e.g. disregard of the rental agreement or terms and conditions, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication, driving on prohibited roads or areas
- damages caused by an unauthorized, non-registered driver
- damages caused due to using the wrong fuel, wrongful usage of the clutch, gears, and emergency break
- damages caused due to disregard of the vehicle measurements, loading restrictions, warning lights, neglect to check the conditions for vehicle operation (oil-, water level, tire pressure, etc.)
- Damages to the interior featuresDeductible:
The deductible has to be paid by the renter to the rental company regardless of fault. The deductible will be charged separately for each accident/incident. With the Standard-PLUS package the deductible will be reimbursed by the HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG when you return home !
This is applicable up to the maximum amount of the deductible for the following damages:
Course of Action in Case of an Accident:
- Damages to glass
- Damages to the undercarriage & roof extension
- Damages to wheels (tires, rims)
- Damages caused due to backing up of the vehicle
It is important that the following steps will be strictly adhered to in case of an accident:
- Immediate notification of the police and the creation of a police report if any third party is involved, or vandalism occurred
- Immediate notification of the rental company
- Creation of a signed damage report by the rental company upon return of the vehicle
- Request of a final bill of the claims settlement (which might not be created until after your departure)
To receive reimbursement of your deductible, please send the following documents in their entirety to this address: HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung, Abt. RLK/Leistung
or by e-mail: email@example.com
The documents have to be sent in their entirety otherwise processing is not possible.
Under the following circumstances the reimbursement of the deductible is not possible:
- Damage- and police report
- Copy of the rental agreement
- Proof of payment of the security deposit (payment receipt or credit card print-out showing the charge)
- Final bill of the claims settlement
- FTI reservation number and booking confirmation
- Damages caused due to disregard of the rental terms & conditions
- Damages caused due to improper handling of the rental vehicle
- Damages caused due to gross negligence or being under the influence of- or loss of consciousness due to alcohol/medications/drugs
- If the vehicle key is lost or damaged
- Damages to the vehicle interior
- Damages to the awning
- Damages to kitchen appliances, multi-purpose devices (audio-, video-, telecommunication devices including accessories
- Damages to the Navigation system and/or similar traffic guidance systems
- Damages to special exterior structures or tents
- Personal belongings which have been damaged due to an accident-, were stolen from the rental vehicle-, or have gotten lost from the rental vehicle
- Follow-up costs such as for hotel stays, telephone, or towing
- Damages which have been excluded from the vehicle insurance by the rental company
The deposit in the amount of the deductible USD 1.000 has to be rendered at the time of vehicle pick up.
The deposit has to be rendered with a credit card (MasterCard, VISA or American Express). The amount will only be authorized with your bank but not blocked. The Deposit amount will be released once the vehicle is returned in perfect condition. For rentals lasting 30 days or more, the deposit amount will be charged to the credit card of the main driver. Britz reserves the right to withhold/charge an additional or higher deposit amount during special events or occasions (e.g. Burning Man Festival).
For rentals starting in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle from 24.08.20 - 01.09.20 or in New York from 18.09.20 - 10.10.20 the deposit amount is USD 1.500 and will be charged to the credit card.
Please make sure that you have a high enough credit limit to cover the deposit amount! Vehicle pick up is not possible without a valid credit card.
All credit card charges are conducted in US-$. Differences in the refund amount due to fluctuations in the exchange rate are the responsibility of the renter and can not be reimbursed by the rental company or the tour operator.
The security deposit is payable per occurrence or incident. In case of further damages to the rental vehicle or property of a third party, a subsequent security deposit will be charged to you for the remaining rental days, in order to cover any deductible that may arise from any additional future accidents.
The renter is responsible for all fees, duties, fines, and penalties which are incurred due to the usage of the rental vehicle, unless they arise from the rental company's actions. If you incur monetary fines for speeding, parking tickets, and/or undisclosed accidents/damages to the rental vehicle, the rental company will charge these costs plus a fee of USD 100 to your credit card.
The insurances offered by the rental company do not include any carefree personal protection for bodily injuries and luggage; therefore it is strongly recommended that you purchase a travel accident, travel health, and baggage insurance.
A valid, national driver license (in Germany class 3 i.e. EU-driver license class B) is required and sufficient. An international driver license is recommended, but is only valid in conjunction with a valid national driver license and will not be accepted on its own.
21 years of age; maximum: 79 years of age
Additional drivers can be registered without extra charges. All drivers have to be listed in the rental agreement.
Required Documents for Vehicle Pick-up
In order to pick-up your vehicle, you will need the respective valid national driver license, your passport, a credit card, and the voucher from FTI.
Please note the maximum number of people per vehicle, according to our specifications in the details of the vehicle fleet
Minimum Rental Duration
7 day minimum (Exceptions possible)
Main Driver/Declaration of all Persons at Booking
Please specify the main driver and all additional passengers traveling with you at the time of booking. The main driver will have to be present at the time of pick-up. Also, please note the instructions for maximum occupancy in each vehicle description.
Duty of Care
The renter is prohibited to use the vehicle for:
- Participation in any motorsport event or vehicle test drives
- for the transport of flammable, toxic or otherwise dangerous substances
- to commit crimes or use for illegal activities
- re-rental or commercial passenger transport
The vehicle must be handled with care and should be properly locked. All terms and conditions as well as technical rules pertaining to vehicle usage shall be observed. The oil- and water level have to be monitored and the tire pressure has to be checked. The renter is obligated to make sure the vehicle is operating in roadworthy conditions.
Vehicle Equipment / Preparation Fee
The obligatory Preparation Fee per vehicle includes:
- water hose, waste water hose
- toilet chemicals, 2 rolls of toilet paper
- rubber gloves
- transfers, for details see "Transfer and Transfer Hotels"
The Preparation Fee is included in the price.
Bedspread, bedspread cover, bed sheet, pillow, pillow cover, large towel, towel, washcloth.
The Camping Equipment for up to 4 people is included in the price. Differences/deviations at each location are possible without prior notification.
Child Safety Seats
Child Safety Seats for children up to 8 years of age, i.e. under 40 lbs (ca. 18 kg), are mandatory in the USA. Britz does not offer any child seats or booster seats for rent. Please note that you will have to bring your own child seats or purchase a child seat at a local retail store! Please note that you will have to bring your own child safety seats for the transfer to and from the rental location!
Additional equipment available for rent at the location (subject to availability), please register these items at the time of booking, payable at the location plus local taxes.
- Camping Chair: USD 10 per chair
- Bike Rack: USD 50 per rental (carries up to 4 bikes; bicycles are not available for rent)
- Navigation System/GPS: USD 50 per rental
- Sunpass Transponder (in Orlando): USD 5 per day, max. USD 50 per rental
- WLAN-Hotspot: USD 175 per rental (incl. unlimited data; the Hotspot works wherever UMTS-(3G) or LTE (-4G) has coverage (approximately 90% area coverage); up to 5 WLAN-enabled devices can be connected
- Generator: USD 3 per usage hour
Camping tables are part of the standard motorhome equipment by Britz.
Generally not allowed are
- Driving on gravel, forest, and other non-public roads
- Driving into Manhattan (New York City), Montreal, and Quebec City (Canada)
- Driving into Mexico
- Driving into Death Valley between 15. June and 15. September is prohibited. There will be no insurance coverage provided.
The following restrictions apply when driving in northern Canada and Alaska:
Driving on all public/numbered roads is only allowed with advanced request at the time of booking: e.g. Taylor Hwy. No. 5, Top of the World Hwy. No. 9 from Tok to Dawson City.
One-way rentals (= pick-up at location "A" and drop-off at location "B") within the USA are possible with advanced request/booking for an additional fee. These fees are payable at the time of pick-up at the rental location.
Please note that the renter is responsible to the full extend for all damages caused to the vehicle due to under-cooling, frost, or freezing of tanks, warm water tank, and pipes. These costs are not covered by any insurance. Should temperatures below the freezing point be expected, all pipes, water and chemical tanks will have to be emptied. If freezing temperatures are expected, the rental company will already "winterize" the vehicle before your departure, to prevent freezing of pipes and tanks, by emptying them. "Winterized" means that all water is drained from tanks and no more water is allowed to be added to the fresh-water tank as also no water hook-ups are allowed to be used. There is NO more water available in the vehicle. The renter will have to use water from bought water bottles at his/her own cost for e.g. drinking water. Sinks, showers and toilets cannot be used anymore; the toilet, however, can partially be used as long as it is flushed with a windshield antifreeze. In the case of a deep freeze, even this is not possible anymore and public bathrooms will have to be used. It is the sole responsibility of the renter to "winterize" the vehicle i.g. return the vehicle in "winterized" condition, in the event that the vehicle was not "winterized" when picked-up due to a warmer climate or if the "winterization" was reversed during the trip. In case of violation of this rule, regardless of the prevailing weather conditions at the time of return, a fee will be charged to the renter. Please bear in mind when planning your route, that in some areas camping sites close during the winter and some roads, especially in the mountains, could be impassable due to poor weather conditions.
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, New York, Orlando, Seattle, and Las Vegas
Hours of Operation
The rental locations are open Monday through Friday from 08:00 - 17:00h and on Saturdays from 08:00 - 13:00h. All locations are closed on Sundays.
Operating hours for the location in New York and Seattle in November through February: Monday through Friday from 09:00 - 16:00h and Saturdays on request only.
The location in Denver is closed from 28.11.20 - 28.02.21.
All locations are closed for the following holidays:
25.05., 04.07., 07.09., 26.11., 25.-26.12.20, 01.01., 15.02.21
Pick-up on the day of your arrival is not permitted!
The general rule is that you have to spend the first night in the USA in a hotel, because the pick-up of your rental vehicle on your arrival day is not allowed, due to insurance policies.
You can pick-up your vehicle at your booked location between 12:30 - 16:00. Saturdays between 12:00 - 13:00 (with prior arrangement).
You have to return your vehicle at the booked Britz rental location between 08:00 and 10:30. At the time of drop-off, the vehicles will have to be clean on the inside and the waste-water tanks will have to be emptied, otherwise a fee will be charged. Fuel and propane gas tanks will have to be filled to their original level; some rental locations will charge a separate security deposit for this purpose and others might offer, for a small fee, that the fuel and propane gas tanks can be empty at vehicle drop-off. If the vehicle is returned with damages, the renter will be charged fees accordingly by the rental company.
If the rental vehicle is returned late, Britz will charge a late-fee of USD 300,- in addition to the daily rental price and the transfer to the airport will be void without reimbursement.
There will be no refund for early returns of the vehicle or unused pre-paid mileage.
Transfer and Transferhotels
The once daily transfer on the day of rental pick-up to the rental location and back to the airport on the day of rental return is included in the price under the following conditions:
- all transfers have to be previously registered and the transfer hotel information has to be forwarded to the rental company no later than 3 days before rental start date
- for vehicle pick-up the rental company offers the transfer from the airport or select airport hotels (see exceptions below)
- after the rental return is complete the transfer back to the hotel or airport takes place at 11:00h, transfer after this time is not possible
Exceptions for the transfer:
- Los Angeles: no transfer from the airport, downtown and other city districts
- Las Vegas: no transfer from/to downtown Las Vegas
- New York: no transfer from/to JFK or La Guardia airport
- Orlando: no transfer from the airport, Disney World, Universal Studios and downtown
Seattle: not transfer from the airport
Notice for parents/guardians traveling with small children: No child safety seats/booster seats will be provided by Britz for the transfer. You have to provide your own child seats/booster seats as required by law for the transfer.
Luggage transfer: The allowed amount of luggage follows the terms & conditions of many airlines. Allowed are one suitcase of 23kg plus 2 carry-on bags per person. Since the transfer vehicles have limited loading space, please do not exceed the given luggage restrictions; otherwise an additional fee will be charged.
Earlier transfers and earlier vehicle pick-up, i.e. later vehicle return and later transfers are not possible.
Britz USA prefers the following transfer hotels(this list is subject to change):
- La Quinta Inn (6801 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249-6327)
- Fairfield Inn (6851 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249)
- Quality Inn & Suites (6890 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249)
- Staybridge Suites (6951 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249)
- Springhill Suites (18350 E.68th Ave., Denver, CO 80249)
- Days Inn (ehemals Comfort Inn;16921 E. 32nd Ave., Aurora, CO 80011)
- Holiday Inn/ Crown Plaza (15500 E. 40th Ave., Denver, CO 80239)
- Hyatt Place (16250 E. 40th Ave., Aurora, CO 80011)
- Sleep Inn (15900 E. 40th Ave., Aurora, CO 80011)
- Double Tree (3203 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80207)
- Radisson Plaza (3333 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80207)
- Red Lion Central (4040 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80216)
- Renaissance Hotel (3801 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80207)
- Best Western Grosvenor (380 South Airport Blvd., S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- City Garden Hotel (245 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Holiday Inn Express (SFO AP North 373 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Holiday Inn (SFO Airport North 275 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Marriott San Francisco Airport (1800 Old Bayshore Hwy, Burlingame, CA 94010)
- Travelodge SFO Airport North (326 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Best Western Mardi Gras (Hotel 3500 Paradise Rd. Main Entrance)
- Circus Circus Hotel, Casino (2880 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Back Entrance)
- Excalibur Hotel & Casino (3850 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Rotunda Entrance)
- Hilton Las Vegas (3000 Paradise Rd. Main Entrance)
- Luxor Hotel & Casino (3900 Las Vegas Blvd. S. North Entrance)
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino (3799 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance 1st Island)
- Paris Las Vegas (3655 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance)
- Stratosphere Tower Hotel (2000 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance)
- Tuscany Suites (255 E. Flamingo Rd. Main Entrance)
- The Venetian Resort Hotel (3355 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance)
- Adventurer (4200 West Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304)
- Best Western Suites Hotel (5005 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90304)
- Comfort Inn (4922 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90304)
- Courtyard by Marriott (6161 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Crowne Plaza (5985 Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Four Points Sheraton (9750 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Hilton (5711 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Holiday Inn (9901 La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- La Quinta (5249 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Marriott (5855 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Motel 6 (5101 West Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304)
- Radisson (6225 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Renaissance (9620 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Sheraton Gateway (6101 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Travelodge (5547 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Westin (5400 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Country Inn & Suites (5440 Forbes Place, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Double Tree by Hilton (5555 Hazeltine National Drive, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Embassy Suites (5835 T G Lee Blvd., Orlando, FL 32822)
- Fairfield Inn (7100 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL, 32822)
- Hampton Inn (5767 T G Lee Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822)
- Hilton Garden Inn (7300 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Holiday Inn (5750 T G Lee Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822)
- Holiday Inn Epress (7900 South Conway Rd, Orlando FL, 32812)
- Hyatt Place ( 5435 Forbes Place, Orlando FL, 32822)
- La Quinta Inn (7160 North Frontage Road, Orlando, FL 32812)
- La Quinta Inn Airport West (7931 Daetwyler Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Marriott (7500 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Ramada Inn & Suites ( 7500 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Renaissance (5445 Forbes Place, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Sheraton Suites (7550 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Country Inn & Suites (100 Gilmcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 )
- Fairfield Inn & Suites (618 Routes 1 & 9 South, Newark, NJ 07114 )
- Sheraton International Hotel ( 128 Frontage Road, Newark, NJ 07114)
- Newark Airport Hilton ( 1170 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 )
- Best Western Newark AP West (101 International Way, Newark, NJ 07114)
- Newark Airport Hotel ( 1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201)
- Newark Airport Marriott Newark Airport (Newark, NJ 07114)
- Four Points Sheraton (901 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201)
- Econolodge (853 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201)
- Howard Johnson Hotel( 20 Frontage Road, Newark, NJ 07114)
- Local Middletown Hotels:
- Comfort Inn (750 State Highway 35, Middletown, NJ 07748)
- Holiday Inn (2870 State Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ)
- Best Western Hotel ( 3215 State Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ )
- Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport (17338 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
- Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport (16838 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
- Motel 6 Seattle Airport (16500 International Blvd 98188 Sea Tac)
- Ramada SeaTac Airport (16720 International Blvd 98188 Sea Tac)
- Hilton Seattle Airport (17620 International Blvd 98188 Sea Tac)
- Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport (18118 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
- Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport (18220 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
- Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport (18740 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
- La Quinta Inn&Suites Seattle SeaTac Airport (2824 South 188th St 98188 Seattle)
- Days Inn SeaTac Airport (19015 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
- Comfort Inn&Suites SeaTac Airport (19333 International Blvd 98188 Sea Tac)
- Holiday Inn Express&Suites Seattle-SeaTac (19621 International Blvd 98188 Sea Tac)
- Hampton Inn Seattle-Airport (19445 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
- Quality Inn SeaTac Airport (2900 S 192nd St 98188 Seattle)
- Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport (3000 S 176th St 98188 Seattle)
- Coast Gateway Seattle Airport (18415 International Blvd 98188 Seattle)
Model Guarantee - Vehicle Type
The policy of Britz is to provide you with the model reserved. In some instances, circumstances may require an upgrade to a larger sized motor-home to accommodate an immediate departure. The upgrade will be provided at no charge to you and with no further liability to Britz. Any costs incurred due to the operation of a larger vehicle, e.g. increased fuel consumption or ferry rides, are the responsibility of the renter. This does not entitle the renter to withdraw from the booking and also does not grant the right for compensation. Even though all vehicles are equipped in a comparable manner, slight differences among vehicles can occur. All measurements and sizing specifications are approximate values and are based on the information provided to us from the rental company; all information is subject to change.
The vehicle has to be returned with a clean interior, the kitchen equipment should be washed and cleaned. The outside of the camper only has to be cleaned if it is extremely dirty and possible damages would not be visible.
The rental company reserved the right to charge a cleaning fee if the vehicle interior is heavily soiled. Toilets and waste water tanks have to be emptied, gas- and fuel tanks have to be filled otherwise the rental company will charge additional fees.
Repairs - Breakdown Assistance
In case of accidents, problems, glitches or technical difficulties (even a flat tire!) you are required to immediately notify the rental company (they will provide you with more information and a toll free hotline phone number at the time of booking). Contracted repair locations are made available to you nationwide. Besides contacting the rental company (within 24 hrs), the renter is also responsible to notify the police immediately. No third party claims may be recognized. The police report will have to indicate the names and addresses of all parties involved, including any possible witnesses, and the license plate numbers of all vehicles affected. The renter has to present a detailed written report to Britz even if the damage is only minimal.
IMPORTANT: If the renter omits the immediate notification and the rental company does not have the opportunity to take any remedial action, the right to possible reimbursement will terminate. If accidents are not reported (see above), the insurance coverage will expire.
Small repairs and necessary expenditures up to USD 50 can be done without the rental company's permission and will be reimbursed once the vehicle is returned. Repairs and expenditures above USD 50 will have to be approved in advance by the rental company (otherwise no reimbursement is possible). All repairs are generally refundable only against receipts - the ground rule is: Without a receipt, no refund!
Should the rental vehicle become inoperative for more than 12 hours, due to a breakdown and subsequent necessary repairs, through no fault of the renter (mechanical breakdown*, no accident) - Britz will reimburse the renter under the VIP-Insurance coverage either for the daily rental rate or USD 25 per person per day for food and shelter, and a max of USD 50 per group for transport; maximum of USD 1.500 per rental agreement. Requirement for reimbursement is the notification of the rental company so they have the chance to solve the problem as well as the cooperation of the customer.
*Mechanical breakdown - damages that will not be eligible for reimbursement are: Problems with the radio/cassette player/CD, TV, DVD player, microwave, A/C, fridge, all appliances such as stove, grill, etc., water pump, shower and toilets, generator, awning, slide-out, automated stairs, cruise control, and GPS.
Pets / Smoking
Pets are not allowed in the rental vehicle.
All motorhomes are non-smoking vehicles. Britz will charge a fee of USD 250,- in addition to the cleaning fee, in case this prohibition is disregarded.
The rental company offers different solutions for the electronically recorded toll sections of the Homestead Extension of the Florida Turnpike. One solution is the rental of the so called Sun Pass Transponder through which the fees will be billed. Another option is to register for the "Toll-By-Plate" program. Cameras will take pictures of the license plate when the camper passes a toll station. The bill will then be sent to the respective rental company. The rental company pays the bill and bills the amount to the renter's credit card on file plus a processing fee of up to USD 100. If the bill is addressed directly to you then you have to pay this bill as instructed.
If you do not agree to these procedures, it will be your responsibility to find a different solution for the toll payment.
Please visit the following website for more information about the Sun Pass:
We suggest that you book any ferry rides well in advance and always for a 30ft. vehicle, in case you will be provided with a bigger vehicle than you reserved. We will be happy to place reservations for the Inside Passage on board the BC Ferries or the Alaska Marine Highway for you.
All provisions listed have been compiled in good faith for your information. This is an excerpt of the provisions provided by the rental company and further terms & regulations will become part of the rental agreement between you and the rental company. You will receive a comprehensive version of the rental terms & conditions of the rental company at the time of pick-up. We cannot take responsibility for any variances from this text to the latest updated version of the rental company’s rental terms & conditions.
Your Tour Operator
FTI Touristik GmbH, Landsberger Str. 88, 80339 München GTC