Britz Winter Early Bird 2019/20
Motorhome Fleet overview for rentals starting between 01.11.2019 and 31.03.2020
- 100 miles per day
- 10 Million EUR Supplemental Liability Insurance
- CDW/ VIP Liability Limitation
- Reimbursement of the deductible
- Local taxes on prepaid / included features and options
- additional driver(s)
- Preparation Fee
- Vehicle- and Camping-Equipment for up to 4 persons
- Cabover Bed with Safety Net: approx. 2,20 x 1,39 m
- Double Bed: approx. 1,88 x 1,37 m
- Length: approx. 7,60 - 9,30 m
- Width: approx 2,65 m
- Exterior Height: approx. 3,65 m
- Interior Height: approx. 2,08 m
Driver Cabin:, Air Conditioning, Heat, Radio/CD/MP3, USB Connect, Walk through between Driver Cab and Living Area, Living Area:, 2 Seats with Seat Belts (1 child safety seat is possible), Air Conditioning, heating, Refrigerator and Freezer, Microwave, 2 Flame Gas Stove, Warm Water Sink, Shower/WC, TV/DVD, Awning, Camping TableTank sizes:
- Fuel Tank: approx. 208 Liters
- Fresh Water Tank: approx. 150 Liters
- Waste Water Tank (Shower and Sink): approx. 83 Liters
- Waste Water Tank (Toilet): approx. 83 Liters
The Britz Advantage
Lots of Specials to
- 10% Extended Booking Special
on the base rate for rentals lasting 42 days or longer.
- 5% Extended Booking Special
on the base rate for rentals lasting 21 days or longer.
Transfer / Early Pick-Up
Are you an early riser? Then we’ve got a great feature for you! This option will provide you with transportation from your hotel to the rental location and allow you to pick up the vehicle in the morning instead of the afternoonTerms and Conditions
Britz Rental Locations
|Denver||Colorado||7685 Dahlia Street, Commerce City, 80022
|Las Vegas||Nevada||4730 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, 89121
|Los Angeles||California||28404 Roadside Drive, Agoura Hills, 91301
|New York / Newark||New Jersey||42 State Route 36 E, Middletown, 07748
|Orlando||Florida||7276 Narcoossee Road, Orlando, 32822
|San Francisco||California||420 San Leandro Blvd, San Leandro, 94577
|Seattle||Washington||1541 S 96th St, Seattle, 98108
Packages of Britz
|100 miles per day|
|10 Million EUR Supplemental Liability Insurance|
|CDW/ VIP Liability Limitation|
|Reimbursement of the deductible *|
|Local taxes on prepaid / included features and options|
|Preparation Fee ***|
|Vehicle- and Camping-Equipment for up to 4 persons|
- * The deductible of USD 1,000 that must be paid at the rental location in case of a claim will be reimbursed by HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG upon your return home. Detailed information pertaining to this can be found in the rental terms and conditions - Insurance Coverage.
- ** Detailed information and transfer terms can be found in the section "Transfers and Transfer Hotels"
- *** Information concerning the preparation fee can be found in the rental terms and conditions.
Britz One-Way Fee price list
Price in US-$
Britz Mileage Packages
(for rentals starting between: 01.11.2019 and 31.03.2020)
100 Free Miles Per Day
If you do not book a mileage package or go over the prepaid number of miles, the rental company will bill you at a rate of (currently) USD 0.45 per mile plus tax.
Rental period: 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020
IMPORTANT for bookings with flex-rates: Any changes to the booking will result in the cancellation of the existing booking and a placement of a new booking with current prices. The following changes will require a new booking:
- Date change of the pick-up or drop-off day
- Change of the pick-up or drop-off location
- Change of the vehicle type
- Name change
TRANSLATION OF THE TOUR OPERATORS CANCELLATION FEES:
Cancellation Fees are determined by the number of days prior to vehicle pick up that a cancellation is made.
30+ days before pick-up: 25%
29–22 days before pick-up: 30%
21–15 days before pick-up: 45%
14–10 days before pick-up: 60%
9-4 days before pick-up: 80%
3-0 days before pick-up: 85%
Cancellation after the pick-up date will be considered a "no-show" and be subject to a 100% cancellation fee
- Diesel- or gasoline fuel, propane gas
- One-way fees (except Oneway-Specials)
- New Jersey Security Fee of USD 5,- per day (maximum of USD 140) for vehicle pick-up in New York
- Colorado Road Safety Fee of USD 2 per day (maximum of USD 90) for vehicle pick-up in Denver
- Taxes and fees for all charges paid at the rental location
If you do not book a mileage package or go over the prepaid number of miles, the rental company will bill you at a rate of (currently) USD 0.45 per mile plus tax.
This fee is already included for up to 4 people.
In order to raise the insurance coverage above the the minimum coverage required by law, an additional German supplemental liability insurance is included with coverage up to EUR 10 million. Therefore, the purchase of any additional insurance at the rental location is unnecessary.
To cover damages incurred to the rental vehicle, a CDW/VIP-insurance is included in the prices by the rental company which limits the deductible to USD 1.000,- for the renter in the event of the following damages: Accidents (also if the other party is under- or non insured), theft, fire, vandalism, glas, tire damage.
Damages not covered:
Excluded from any insurance coverage:
- damages caused due to gross negligence e.g. disregard of the rental agreement or terms and conditions, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication, driving on prohibited roads or areas
- damages caused by an unauthorized, non-registered driver
- damages caused due to using the wrong fuel, wrongful usage of the clutch, gears, and emergency break
- damages caused due to disregard of the vehicle measurements, loading restrictions, warning lights, neglect to check the conditions for vehicle operation (oil-, water level, tire pressure, etc.)
- Damages to the interior features
The deductible has to be paid by the renter to the rental company regardless of fault. The deductible will be charged separately for each accident/incident. With the Standard-PLUS package the deductible will be reimbursed by the HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG when you return home !
This is applicable up to the maximum amount of the deductible for the following damages:
- Damages to glass
- Damages to the undercarriage & roof extension
- Damages to wheels (tires, rims)
- Damages caused due to backing up of the vehicle
It is important that the following steps will be strictly adhered to in case of an accident:
- Immediate notification of the police and the creation of a police report if any third party is involved, or vandalism occurred
- Immediate notification of the rental company
- Creation of a signed damage report by the rental company upon return of the vehicle
- Request of a final bill of the claims settlement (which might not be created until after your departure)
HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung, Abt. RLK/Leistung
or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The documents have to be sent in their entirety otherwise processing is not possible.
- Damage- and police report
- Copy of the rental agreement
- Proof of payment of the security deposit (payment receipt or credit card print-out showing the charge)
- Final bill of the claims settlement
- FTI reservation number and booking confirmation
- Damages caused due to disregard of the rental terms & conditions
- Damages caused due to improper handling of the rental vehicle
- Damages caused due to gross negligence or being under the influence of- or loss of consciousness due to alcohol/medications/drugs
- If the vehicle key is lost or damaged
- Damages to the vehicle interior
- Damages to the awning
- Damages to kitchen appliances, multi-purpose devices (audio-, video-, telecommunication devices including accessories
- Damages to the Navigation system and/or similar traffic guidance systems
- Damages to special exterior structures or tents
- Personal belongings which have been damaged due to an accident-, were stolen from the rental vehicle-, or have gotten lost from the rental vehicle
- Follow-up costs such as for hotel stays, telephone, or towing
- Damages which have been excluded from the vehicle insurance by the rental company
The deposit has to be rendered with a credit card (MasterCard, VISA or American Express). The amount will only be authorized with your bank but not blocked. The Deposit amount will be released once the vehicle is returned in perfect condition. For rentals lasting 30 days or more, the deposit amount will be charged to the credit card of the main driver. Britz reserves the right to withhold/charge an additional or higher deposit amount during special events or occasions (e.g. Burning Man Festival).
For rentals starting in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle from 19.08.19 - 27.08.19 or in New York from 16.09.19 - 05.10.19 the deposit amount is USD 1.500 and will be charged to the credit card.
Please make sure that you have a high enough credit limit to cover the deposit amount! Vehicle pick up is not possible without a valid credit card.
All credit card charges are conducted in US-$. Differences in the refund amount due to fluctuations in the exchange rate are the responsibility of the renter and can not be reimbursed by the rental company or the tour operator.
The security deposit is payable per occurrence or incident. In case of further damages to the rental vehicle or property of a third party, a subsequent security deposit will be charged to you for the remaining rental days, in order to cover any deductible that may arise from any additional future accidents.
The insurances offered by the rental company do not include any carefree personal protection for bodily injuries and luggage; therefore it is strongly recommended that you purchase a travel accident, travel health, and baggage insurance.
- Participation in any motorsport event or vehicle test drives
- for the transport of flammable, toxic or otherwise dangerous substances
- to commit crimes or use for illegal activities
- re-rental or commercial passenger transport
The vehicle must be handled with care and should be properly locked. All terms and conditions as well as technical rules pertaining to vehicle usage shall be observed. The oil- and water level have to be monitored and the tire pressure has to be checked. The renter is obligated to make sure the vehicle is operating in roadworthy conditions.
- water hose, waste water hose
- toilet chemicals, 2 rolls of toilet paper
- rubber gloves
- transfers, for details see "Transfer and Transfer Hotels"
The Preparation Fee is included in the price.
The Camping Equipment for up to 4 people is included in the price. Camping Equipment for additional people can be added for USD 70,- per person (payable at the rental location). Differences/deviations at each location are possible without prior notification.
- Camping Chair: USD 9 per chair
- Bike Rack: USD 50 per rental (carries up to 4 bikes; bicycles are not available for rent)
- Navigation System/GPS: USD 70 per rental
- Sunpass Transponder (in Orlando): USD 5 per day, max. USD 50 per rental
- WLAN-Hotspot: USD 125 per rental (incl. 1,5 GB, expires after 30 days, additional data over 1 GB available for the daily rate; the Hotspot works wherever UMTS-(3G) or LTE (-4G) has coverage (approximately 90% area coverage); up to 5 WLAN-enabled devices can be connected
- Generator: USD 3 per usage hour
Camping tables are part of the standard motorhome equipment by Britz.
- Driving on gravel, forest, and other non-public roads
- Driving into Manhattan (New York City), Montreal, and Quebec City (Canada)
- Driving into Mexico
- Driving into Death Valley between 15. June and 15. September is prohibited. There will be no insurance coverage provided.
Driving on all public/numbered roads is only allowed with advanced request at the time of booking: e.g. Taylor Hwy. No. 5, Top of the World Hwy. No. 9 from Tok to Dawson City.
Operating hours for the location in New York in November through February: Monday through Friday from 09:00 - 16:00h and Saturdays on request only.
The location in Denver is closed from 03.12.19 - 23.02.20.
All locations are closed for the following holidays:
27.05., 04.07., 02.09., 28.11., 25.12.19, 01.01., 17.02.20
The general rule is that you have to spend the first night in the USA in a hotel, because the pick-up of your rental vehicle on your arrival day is not allowed, due to insurance policies.
You can pick-up your vehicle at your booked location between 12:30 - 16:00. Saturdays between 12:00 - 13:00 (with prior arrangement).
If the rental vehicle is returned late, Britz will charge a late-fee of USD 300,- in addition to the daily rental price and the transfer to the airport will be void without reimbursement.
There will be no refund for early returns of the vehicle or unused pre-paid mileage.
- all transfers have to be previously registered and the transfer hotel information has to be forwarded to the rental company no later than 3 days before rental start date
- for vehicle pick-up the rental company offers the transfer from the airport or select airport hotels (see exceptions below)
- after the rental return is complete the transfer back to the hotel or airport takes place at 11:00h, transfer after this time is not possible
Exceptions for the transfer:
- Los Angeles: no transfer from the airport, downtown and other city districts
- Las Vegas: no transfer from/to downtown Las Vegas
- New York: no transfer from/to JFK or La Guardia airport
- Orlando: no transfer from the airport, Disney World, Universal Studios and downtown
Seattle: not transfer from the airport
Notice for parents/guardians traveling with small children: No child safety seats/booster seats will be provided by Britz for the transfer. You have to provide your own child seats/booster seats as required by law for the transfer.
Luggage transfer: The allowed amount of luggage follows the terms & conditions of many airlines. Allowed are one suitcase of 23kg plus 2 carry-on bags per person. Since the transfer vehicles have limited loading space, please do not exceed the given luggage restrictions; otherwise an additional fee will be charged.
Earlier transfers and earlier vehicle pick-up, i.e. later vehicle return and later transfers are not possible.
Britz USA prefers the following transfer hotels(this list is subject to change):
- La Quinta Inn (6801 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249-6327)
- Fairfield Inn (6851 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249)
- Quality Inn & Suites (6890 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249)
- Staybridge Suites (6951 Tower Rd., Denver, CO 80249)
- Springhill Suites (18350 E.68th Ave., Denver, CO 80249)
- Days Inn (ehemals Comfort Inn;16921 E. 32nd Ave., Aurora, CO 80011)
- Holiday Inn/ Crown Plaza (15500 E. 40th Ave., Denver, CO 80239)
- Hyatt Place (16250 E. 40th Ave., Aurora, CO 80011)
- Sleep Inn (15900 E. 40th Ave., Aurora, CO 80011)
- Double Tree (3203 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80207)
- Radisson Plaza (3333 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80207)
- Red Lion Central (4040 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80216)
- Renaissance Hotel (3801 Quebec St., Denver, CO 80207)
- Best Western Grosvenor (380 South Airport Blvd., S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- City Garden Hotel (245 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Holiday Inn Express (SFO AP North 373 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Holiday Inn (SFO Airport North 275 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Marriott San Francisco Airport (1800 Old Bayshore Hwy, Burlingame, CA 94010)
- Travelodge SFO Airport North (326 South Airport Blvd, S. San Francisco, CA 94080)
- Best Western Mardi Gras (Hotel 3500 Paradise Rd. Main Entrance)
- Circus Circus Hotel, Casino (2880 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Back Entrance)
- Excalibur Hotel & Casino (3850 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Rotunda Entrance)
- Hilton Las Vegas (3000 Paradise Rd. Main Entrance)
- Luxor Hotel & Casino (3900 Las Vegas Blvd. S. North Entrance)
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino (3799 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance 1st Island)
- Paris Las Vegas (3655 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance)
- Stratosphere Tower Hotel (2000 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance)
- Tuscany Suites (255 E. Flamingo Rd. Main Entrance)
- The Venetian Resort Hotel (3355 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Main Entrance)
- Adventurer (4200 West Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304)
- Best Western Suites Hotel (5005 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90304)
- Comfort Inn (4922 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90304)
- Courtyard by Marriott (6161 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Crowne Plaza (5985 Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Four Points Sheraton (9750 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Hilton (5711 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Holiday Inn (9901 La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- La Quinta (5249 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Marriott (5855 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Motel 6 (5101 West Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304)
- Radisson (6225 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Renaissance (9620 Airport Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Sheraton Gateway (6101 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Travelodge (5547 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Westin (5400 West Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045)
- Country Inn & Suites (5440 Forbes Place, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Double Tree by Hilton (5555 Hazeltine National Drive, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Embassy Suites (5835 T G Lee Blvd., Orlando, FL 32822)
- Fairfield Inn (7100 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL, 32822)
- Hampton Inn (5767 T G Lee Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822)
- Hilton Garden Inn (7300 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Holiday Inn (5750 T G Lee Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822)
- Holiday Inn Epress (7900 South Conway Rd, Orlando FL, 32812)
- Hyatt Place ( 5435 Forbes Place, Orlando FL, 32822)
- La Quinta Inn (7160 North Frontage Road, Orlando, FL 32812)
- La Quinta Inn Airport West (7931 Daetwyler Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Marriott (7500 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Ramada Inn & Suites ( 7500 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Renaissance (5445 Forbes Place, Orlando, FL, 32812)
- Sheraton Suites (7550 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32812)
- Country Inn & Suites (100 Gilmcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 )
- Fairfield Inn & Suites (618 Routes 1 & 9 South, Newark, NJ 07114 )
- Sheraton International Hotel ( 128 Frontage Road, Newark, NJ 07114)
- Newark Airport Hilton ( 1170 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 )
- Best Western Newark AP West (101 International Way, Newark, NJ 07114)
- Newark Airport Hotel ( 1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201)
- Newark Airport Marriott Newark Airport (Newark, NJ 07114)
- Four Points Sheraton (901 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201)
- Econolodge (853 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201)
- Howard Johnson Hotel( 20 Frontage Road, Newark, NJ 07114)
- Local Middletown Hotels:
- Comfort Inn (750 State Highway 35, Middletown, NJ 07748)
- Holiday Inn (2870 State Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ)
- Best Western Hotel ( 3215 State Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ )
Seattle: a list with hotels for Seattle will follow
The rental company reserved the right to charge a cleaning fee if the vehicle interior is heavily soiled. Toilets and waste water tanks have to be emptied, gas- and fuel tanks have to be filled otherwise the rental company will charge additional fees.
IMPORTANT: If the renter omits the immediate notification and the rental company does not have the opportunity to take any remedial action, the right to possible reimbursement will terminate. If accidents are not reported (see above), the insurance coverage will expire.
Small repairs and necessary expenditures up to USD 50 can be done without the rental company's permission and will be reimbursed once the vehicle is returned. Repairs and expenditures above USD 50 will have to be approved in advance by the rental company (otherwise no reimbursement is possible). All repairs are generally refundable only against receipts - the ground rule is: Without a receipt, no refund!
Should the rental vehicle become inoperative for more than 12 hours, due to a breakdown and subsequent necessary repairs, through no fault of the renter (mechanical breakdown*, no accident) - Britz will reimburse the renter under the VIP-Insurance coverage either for the daily rental rate or USD 25 per person per day for food and shelter, and a max of USD 50 per group for transport; maximum of USD 1.500 per rental agreement. Requirement for reimbursement is the notification of the rental company so they have the chance to solve the problem as well as the cooperation of the customer.
*Mechanical breakdown - damages that will not be eligible for reimbursement are: Problems with the radio/cassette player/CD, TV, DVD player, microwave, A/C, fridge, all appliances such as stove, grill, etc., water pump, shower and toilets, generator, awning, slide-out, automated stairs, cruise control, and GPS.
All motorhomes are non-smoking vehicles. Britz will charge a fee of USD 250,- in addition to the cleaning fee, in case this prohibition is disregarded.
If you do not agree to these procedures, it will be your responsibility to find a different solution for the toll payment.
Please visit the following website for more information about the Sun Pass: