Star RV Winter Early Bird 2020/21
Motorhome Fleet overview for rentals starting between 01.11.2020 and 31.03.2021
The Star RV Advantage
Lots of Specials to
- 5% Extended Booking Special
discount on the daily rate for rentals lasting 21 days or longer.
Transfer and Transferhotels
Choosing the right motorhome size is the most important part of a motorhome vacation! Remember that everyone needs their space. Packing the maximum number of people into a motorhome may spoil your dream vacation. We always recommend choosing a motorhome that sleeps more people than you are traveling with!
Star RV Rental Locations
|Denver||Colorado||3280 Chambers Road, Aurora, 80011
|Las Vegas||Nevada||5837 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, 89122
702 387 9779
|Los Angeles||California||8559 Artesia Boulevard, Bellflower, 90706
|Miami||Florida||4041 NW 25th Street, Miami, 33142
|New York / Newark||New Jersey||2019 NJ-35, South Amboy, 08879
|Orlando||Florida||2525 Frontage Rd, Davenport, 33837
|San Francisco||California||14273 Washington Ave, San Leandro, 94578
|Seattle||Washington||140 134th St S, Parkland, 98444
Packages of Star RV
Star RV Specials
Star RV One-Way Fee price list
Price in US-$
Rental period: 01.04.2020 to 31.03.2021
- Date change of the pick-up or drop-off day
- Change of the pick-up or drop-off location
- Change of the vehicle type
- Name change
TRANSLATION OF THE TOUR OPERATORS CANCELLATION FEES:
Cancellation Fees are determined by the number of days prior to vehicle pick up that a cancellation is made.
30+ days before pick-up: 25%
29–22 days before pick-up: 30%
21–15 days before pick-up: 45%
14–10 days before pick-up: 60%
9-4 days before pick-up: 80%
3-0 days before pick-up: 85%
Cancellation after the pick-up date will be considered a "no-show" and be subject to a 100% cancellation fee
- Taxes and Fees for all services and amounts payable at the rental location
- Gasoline, propane
- "Colorado Road Safety Fee" in the amount of USD 2 per day (max. USD 90) for vehicle pick-up in Denver
- "New Jersey Security Fee" in the amount of USD 5 per day (max. USD 140) for vehicle pick-up in New York
Reimbursement of unused miles or mileage packages is not possible.
The One-way fee is payable on location at vehicle pick-up.
Please note: Local taxes and fees apply for all amounts paid in USD on location.
Note: One-Way rentals from/to Anchorage are NOT permitted.
The event fee applies to the following events:
- Burning Man Festival: USD 2,000 plus tax (30 AUG - 07 SEP 2020)
- EDC Festival - Las Vegas: USD 750 plus tax
- Woodstock - New York: USD 750 plus tax
Attention: Participating in one of these festivals must be registered with Star RV at the time of the reservation.
For all services paid in USD at the rental location, additional taxes of 10,5% will apply.
Local taxes and fees are subject to change.
The obligatory liability insurance is included in the daily rate. The vehicles and the rental company Star RV are insured in case of an accident involving damages to third parties and/or their properties up to an amount as set by law for each respective State (Statutory Limit).
To increase coverage, an additional German liability insurance is included to cover claims that go above the statutory limit, with coverage up to 10 mio EUR.
This eliminates the need to purchase additional coverage at the rental location.
Collision Damage Insurance
For all vehicles, a Collision Damage Coverage is included in the rental price. This insurance limits the deductible to USD 1000 per claim.
Covered are accidents (also on campsites, parking lots, and gas stations), theft of the vehicle, fire, and vandalism.
The rental company will possibly offer you an additional CDW-Insurance at the rental location. Please see the insurance exclusions in the point below.
- damages caused due to gross negligence e.g. disregard of the rental agreement or terms and conditions, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication, driving on prohibited roads or areas
- damages caused by an unauthorized, non-registered driver
- damages caused due to using the wrong fuel, wrongful usage of the clutch, gears, and emergency break
- damages caused due to disregard of the vehicle measurements, loading restrictions, warning lights, neglect to check the conditions for vehicle operation (oil-, water level, tire pressure, etc.)
- damages to the roof and undercarriage
- damages resulting from a roll-over of the vehicle without a third party participation
- water damage
- Damages on the awning or slide-out
- Damages tires and windshield
At pick up, you may add the optional additional insurance product - "Windscreen and Tyre Protection & Extended Roadside Assistance“ - for an additional fee of USD 10 per day (max USD 250 per rental) plus sales tax. This additional insurance product will cover damage to the windscreen (1 time) and damage to tires(2 times). It also includes coverage in case you lock yourself out of the motorhome, loose the key(s) (up to USD 120 coverage), emergency towing (for self inflicted issues - i.e. running out of gas, overheating the vehicle, etc.) up to 15 miles, tire change using the spare tire in the motorhome, and delivery of up to 5 gallons of fuel in case of emergency.
Course of Action in Case of an Accident:
It is important that the following steps will be strictly adhered to in case of an accident:
- Immediate notification of the police and the creation of a police report if any third party is involved, or vandalism occurred
- Immediate notification of the rental company
- Creation of a signed damage report by the rental company upon return of the vehicle
- Request of a final bill of the claims settlement (which might not be created until after your departure)
or via email to: email@example.com
- Damage- and police report
- Copy of the rental agreement
- Proof of payment of the security deposit (payment receipt or credit card print-out showing the charge)
- Final bill of the claims settlement
- FTI reservation number and booking confirmation
- Damages caused due to disregard of the rental terms & conditions
- Damages caused due to improper handling of the rental vehicle
- Damages caused due to gross negligence, being unconscious, or being under the influence of alcohol/medications/drugs
- If the vehicle key is lost or damaged
- Damages to the vehicle interior
- Damages to the awning
- Damages to kitchen appliances, multi-purpose devices (audio-, video-, telecommunication devices including accessories)
- Damages to the Navigation system and/or similar traffic guidance systems
- Damages to special attachements/structures
- Personal belongings which have been damaged due to an accident-, were stolen from the rental vehicle-, or have gotten lost from the rental vehicle
- Follow-up costs such as for hotel stays, telephone, or towing
- Damages which have been excluded from the vehicle insurance by the rental company.
All credit card charges are conducted in US-$. Due to exchange rate fluctuations it is possible that a slight (non-refundable) difference between the security deposit rendered and the refund will occur; this amount can not be requested for a refund from the rental company or the tour operator.
Please ensure that you have sufficient funds available on your credit card. Vehicle pick up without a valid credit card with sufficient credit limit is not possible.
The security deposit is payable per incident or occurrence. In case of further damages to the rental vehicle or property of a third party, a subsequent security deposit will be charged for the remaining rental days, in order to cover any deductible that may arise from any additional future accidents.
The insurances offered by the rental company do not include any carefree personal protection for bodily injuries and luggage; therefore it is strongly recommended that you purchase a travel accident, travel health, and baggage insurance.
All drivers have to be in possession of their driver's license for a minimum of 2 years and be present at the rental location at the time of vehicle pick-up.
All persons, who will drive the rental vehicle, will have to be entered into the rental agreement. A valid driver’s license has to be presented at vehicle pick-up.
- Participation in any motorsport event or vehicle test drives
- for the transport of flammable, toxic or otherwise dangerous substances
- to commit crimes or use for illegal activities
- re-rental or commercial passenger transport
The vehicle must be handled with care and should be properly locked. All terms and conditions as well as technical rules pertaining to vehicle usage shall be observed. The oil- and water levels have to be monitored and the tire pressure has to be checked. The renter is obligated to make sure the vehicle is operating in roadworthy conditions.
- water hose, waste water hose
- initial fill of Propane
- basic camper equipment (broom, dust pan, etc.
- First filling with Toilet chemicals and 1 roll toilett paper
- Vehicle Kit
The personal kit which provides bedding linens and towels is available at the rental location for USD 69 per person (to be paid at the rental location). When booking the Standard-Extra-PLUS and Super-Inclusive-PLUS packages, the personal kits are included for all travelers.
Vehicle Kit (included in all rentals):
- Pots and pans
- cooking utensils
- trash can
- bed sheet
- towel, hand towel
Differences/deviations at particular rental locations are possible without advanced notice.
Important: Children under the age of 2 are not permitted.
- Camping table: USD 19 per rental (included in the Standard-Extra-PLUS and Super-Inclusive-PLUS package)
- Camping chair: USD 10 per rental (included in the Standard-Extra-PLUS and Super-Inclusive-PLUS package)
- First-Aid kit: USD 50 if used (available in all vehicles)
- Toilet chemicals: USD 2,50 per piece
- TravelTAb Navigator: USD 13/day, max. USD 169/rental; incl. Navigationoption, Apps (translator, exchange rate calculator), TravelTab Store (exclusive deals for attractions, etc.); WLAN Hotspot and telecommunication functions can be unlocked at the location (for additional fees)
- TravelTAb Navigator with WiFi hotspot: USD 16/day, including unlimited data for 2 devices.
- Generator: USD 3 per usage hour or USD 5 per day (please see vehicle descriptions for generator information)
- Additional Roadside "Extended Roadside Assistance": USD 5 per day (max. USD 125 per rental) covers locksmith service if the key is locked in the vehicle, replacement keys if you lose the original (up to USD 120), towing costs up to 15 miles, battery charge, changing tire in case of a flat (using the spare tire by the rental company), fuel service (up to 5 gallon)
- Additional Insurance "Windscreen and Tyre Protection Plus Extended Roadside Assistance":
USD 10 per day (max.USD 250 per rental).
In addition to the above listed services in the Extended Roadside Assistance, the additional insurance also covers the following: 1 time Replacement of the windshield, 2 spare tires.
- Driving on gravel, forest, and other non-public roads
- Driving into Manhattan (New York City)
- Driving into Mexico
- Driving into Death Valley between 15.05.-15.09. due to extreme high temperatures.
Driving on the Dempster Highway (in Yukon) is only permitted between May 15th and September 14th.
The following roads/routes in Northern Canada and Alaska are NOT permitted:
- Alaska: Denali Highway, Dalton Highway north of Livingood, Eagle (Hwy 5 North) from the intersection of Highway 9 (Top of the World) and Hwy 5 West, McCarthy Road between Chitina and McCarthy.
- Yukon: North Canol Road
- Labrador / Newfoundland: Highway 500 (Trans Labrador Hwy) between Goose Bay and Labrador City, Highway 389 between Labrador City and Baie Comeau, Highway 510 between Red Bay and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Highway 167 north of La Dore, Highway 109 and Baie James Road, Quebec
25.05.20, 04.07.20, 07.09.20, 26.11.20, 25.12.20, 01.01.21
The locations in Denver and Seattle are closed from december until end of february.
The location in Anchorage opens on 01.05.20 and is closed from 15.10.20 through 31.03.21.
Vehicle pick-up on the day of arrival is permitted with Star RV. We recommend to spend the first night in the USA after an international flight in a hotel.
Monday through Friday 09:00 - 11:00
Saturday 08:00 - 10:00.
From 15.06. - 15.09.:
Monday through Saturday 09:00 - 11:00.
If the vehicle is not returned to the booked rental location at the agreed upon time, Star RV will charge additional fees. For a return after 11:00 Star RV charges USD 50 for the first hour, plus an additional USD 50 for the second hour. If the vehicle is returned 3 or more hours late, a fee of USD 300 will apply.
There are no refunds for unused rental times.
A change of the return location has to be authorized in advance by Star RV. A fee of at least USD 700 is applicable for changing the return location.
At the time of drop-off, the vehicles will have to be clean on the inside and the waste-water tanks will have to be emptied, otherwise a fee will be charged. If the vehicle is returned damaged, additional fees will also be charged.
The rental company reserved the right to charge a cleaning fee if the vehicle interior is heavily soiled. Toilets and waste water tanks have to be emptied, the fuel tanks have to be filled otherwise the rental company will charge additional fees.
IMPORTANT: If the renter omits the immediately notification and the rental company does not have the opportunity to take any remedial action, the right to possible reimbursement will terminate. If accidents are not reported (see above), the insurance coverage will expire.
Small repairs and necessary expenditures up to USD 100,- can be done without the rental company's permission and will be reimbursed once the vehicle is returned. Repairs and expenditures above USD 100,- will have to be approved in advance by the rental company (otherwise no reimbursement is possible). All repairs are generally refundable only against receipts - the ground rule is: without a receipt, no refund!
Should the rental vehicle become inoperative for more than 12 hours, due to a breakdown and the subsequent necessary repairs, - through no fault of the renter (mechanical breakdown*, no accident), - Star RV will reimburse costs of up to the daily rate for all rental days that the vehicle is not operational. Prerequisite herefor is the notification of the rental company to give Star RV the opportunity to resolve the problem, as well as the coopertion of the customer.
*Mechanical breakdown - An employee of Star RV or a contracted mechanic have to evaluate damages to the following: Air conditioner in the living quarter, Water pump, shower, toilette, refrigerator, stove, oven. Damages that will not be eligible for reimbursement by Star RV are: Problems with the Radio/CD, TV/DVD-Player, Cruise Control, Wifi or other technical devices.
Star RV is also not obligated to refund in case of the following: Failure of the air conditioner at temperatures above 36 degrees Celsius, failure of the heater at temperatures below 4 degrees Celsius, frozen water pump with temperatures below 2 degrees Celsius.
All vehicles are NON-SMOKING! Failure to obey this policy may result in a special cleaning fee of up to USD 500.