Damage done to the rented motorcycle is generally the responsibility of the renter. This includes theft and vandalism. In order to protect customers from this liability, an insurance (VIP/Theft & Damage Waiver) is included in the price which reduces the liability of the renter to USD 2,000 or USD 5,000 for theft.
In order for the insurance to remain active, strict adherence to the rental terms and conditions of the rental agreement is required. The procedure in case of an accident must also be adhered to, which includes the immediate notification of police and rental car company in an accident including another driver. Also, the driving limitations must be followed.
Excluded from any insurance coverage
NOT covered are damages caused due to:
- gross negligence caused i.e due to disregard of the rental terms & conditions, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication, driving on unauthorized roads/areas
- driving of the vehicle by an unauthorized driver
- damages caused due to incorrect fuel, wrongful use of clutch, gearshift and emergency brake
- damages caused due to negligence, e.g. disregard of vehicle dimensions, load regulations, warning controls, neglecting to check the oil- and water levels, tire pressure, etc.
The deductible has to be paid to the rental company, regardless of fault. The deductible will be charged separately for each claim/damage.
The rental company (EagleRider) will collect the deductible in case of a claim. This deductible will be reimbursed upon your return home by HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG
The following steps must be followed on location in case of a claim:
- You must notify the police immediately and get a police report in case another party is involved
- You must notify the rental company immediately
- When returning the vehicle you must request and sign a damage report
- You must request a final bill for the damage repair, which may not be available until after your departure.
Please send the following documents to this address in order to request reimbursement of the deductible:
HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung, Abt. RLK/Leistung
or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Damage- and Police-Reports
- A copy of the rental agreement
- Proof of payment of the deductible (either a receipt or a credit card statement showing payment)
- Final bill for damage repair
- FTI reservation number and confirmation
The documents have to be complete, otherwise processing is not possible.
In the following cases there will be no reimbursement of the deductible:
- Damage due to failure to obey the rental terms and conditions
- Damage due to reckless/careless handling of the motorcycle
- Damage due to reckless driving, drunk driving, or loss of consciousness due to medication or drugs.
- If the key to the vehicle has been lost or damaged
- Damages to the Navigation system and/or similar traffic guidance systems
- Private property lost or damaged due to an accident or theft are not covered
- Damages that are exluded from the vehicle insurance provided by the rental company
- Follow-up costs such as Hotels, phone costs, or towing (over 150 USD) are not covered
There is no need to take out additional insurance on site.